A suite of up to 8 (subject to availability) individual, first floor offices located in the centre of Wantage, between Market Place and the Kings Park shopping centre.
Present Availability and Rents (all measurements approximate net floor area)
Room 2 – 4.40m x 4.00m/14’5” x 13’2” (16.6sq.m/189sq.ft) overall - £200.00pcm
Room 8 – 3.60m x 3.55m/11’10” x 11’8” (12.78sq.m/137sq.ft) overall - £150.
1. The offices are available for a minimum term of 3 months to a maximum of 12 months under a Licence to Occupy agreement. Longer term lets are by negotiation and will be held under a regular Landlord & Tenant Act lease.
2. A minimum of 1 months’ notice to vacate is required for lets of 4 months upwards.
3. The Licence Fee is payable monthly in advance.
4. All lets are subject to a commercial tenancy application process and satisfactory references at a cost of £120.00 incl. VAT per applicant.
Office Furniture and Facilities
Basic office furniture can be supplied (i.e. desk, chair, filing cabinet) at no extra cost. There are shared facilities regards (separate male and female) WCs, the kitchen and the landing/reception area. All rooms are heated from a single gas-fired boiler
A proportional charge, based on the space occupied, is levied in respect of the heating, electricity, water/sewerage and buildings insurance. There is no charge for the cleaning of the common parts. Occupiers are responsible for their own office cleaning.
Telephone and broadband
Connections already exist but are each occupier’s direct responsibility regards re-connection and usage charges.
The Rateable Values of each room (April 2017) are:
Room 2 – £2,075
Room 8 – £1,350
Rates Payable - The Small Business Rate Relief Multiplier for rateable values below £51,000 for 2017/18 is x 0.466. As the RV is below £15,000 additional Small Business Rate Relief should be available from Vale of White Horse District Council reducing the amount payable to £Nil. Please contact VWHDC directly on 01235 520202 for confirmation and in order to claim relief.
Procedure to occupy
1. Completion of a commercial tenancy application and bank reference enquiry form per individual lessee.
2. Completion of a Licence to Occupy agreement or a Lease agreement, dependent on the term, with 1 month’s licence fee or rent in advance plus a damage deposit of 1 month’s licence fee or rent (refundable in full on vacating in the event of no dilapidations or arrears).
3. Payment of £150.00 plus VAT (£180.00) as a contribution towards the owners’ letting costs.
The building is not opted for VAT, therefore VAT is not payable on the rent.
By prior appointment with the sole letting agents Green & Co Commercial and Development Agency, tel. 01235 763561 ref. RH or email email@example.com
Energy Performance Certificate
ER = C/64 full details are available on request